Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Three Hail Mary's Devotion Friday 25 September, 2020 Ferial Day

The Three Hail Mary's Devotion 


 64 best images about Dios y Jesus y Santos on Pinterest

____________

The Virgin Mary promised St. Mechtilde that whoever would pray three Hail Marys every day would receive her help during life and her special assistance at the moment of death; the Virgin Mary would appear to them with such brightness and beauty that the mere sight of her would bring consolation and the joys of heaven.

According to Saint Gertrude the Great (1256-1301), the Blessed Virgin Mary promised this: ”To every soul who faithfully prays the Three Hail Marys, I will present myself at the hour of death in splendor so extraordinarily beautiful that it will fill his soul with celestial consolation.”

St. Leonard of Port Maurice, the celebrated missionary, had the Three Hail Marys recited morning and evening in honor of Mary Immaculate, to obtain the grace of avoiding all mortal sins during the day or night; moreover he promised in a special manner eternal salvation to all those who proved constantly faithful to this practice.

He gave this devotion of Three Hail Marys as a penance in the confessional, especially for those who were struggling with sins of impurity.


Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

 St. Alphonsus Liguori added this:

By thy pure and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy.

Hail Mary, etc…

By thy pure and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy.

Hail Mary, etc…

By thy pure and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy.

______________________

I personally have adopted the following method adapted from various sources:

Say after each Hail Mary, etc...

"O Mary by they holy and Immaculate Conception, make my body pure and my soul holy, preserve me from mortal sin all this day/night."

_____________________

 

No comments: