Monday, September 14, 2020

Seven Sorrows of the BVM, St. Nicomedes, M. Tuesday 15 September, 2020


Seven Sorrows Of The Blessed Virgin Mary

 Our Lady Isn't Emo! She's Sorrowful – EpicPew

Popular devotion to the Sorrows of Our Blessed Lady, whom Holy Church invokes as Queen of Martyrs, led in the Middle Ages, to the institution of several local festivals, such as that still kept in some places, of Our Lady's Compassion.  The devotion was fostered by the Holy Founders of the Servite Order who seem to have been the first to distinguish and enumerate the Seven Sorrows or Dolors.   It has been raised by Pius X to the rank of a double of the second class.

______________________________

The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honour her daily for saying seven Hail Mary's and meditating on her tears and sorrows.  The devotion was passed on by St. Bridget.

______________________

                  Here Are The Seven Graces.

1.    I will grant peace to their families

2.    They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries

3.     I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work

4.    I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their soul

5.    I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives

6.    I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their Mother.

7.    I have obtained (This Grace) from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and sorrows, will be taken directly from this early life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgivehn and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.

                                 Seven Sorrows

 

File:Simon Bening - The Seven Sorrows of the Virgin.jpg ...

 

1.     The prophecy of Simeon ( LukeI I, 34,35)

2.    The Flight into Egypt (Matthew II, 13-14)

3.    The Loss of The Child Jesus in the temple (Luke II, 43-45)

4.    The meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross.

5.    The Crucifixion.

6.    The taking down of the Body of Jesus from the Cross.

7.    The Burial of Jesus.

_______________________

Prayer to St. Benedict for a Happy Death

 

“O holy Father, St. Benedict, blessed by God both in grace and in name, who, while standing in prayer, with hands raised to heaven, didst most happily yield thy angelic spirit into the hands of thy Creator, and hast promised zealously to defend against all the snares of the enemy in the last struggle of death, those who shall daily remind thee of thy glorious departure and heavenly joys; protect me, I beseech thee, O glorious Father, this day and every day, by thy holy blessings, that I may never be separated from our dear Lord, from the society of thyself, and of all the blessed. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.”

 

St. Benedict himself revealed to St. Gertrude – also one of the greatest saints in the history of the Catholic Church, and herself a Benedictine nun – that “whoever reminds me of the extraordinary privilege with which God deigned to glorify my last moments, shall experience my particular assistance in his final combat. I will be a faithful protector against the assaults of the enemy. Fortified by my presence, he will escape the snares of the evil one and safely attain eternal happiness.”

 

______________________________



No comments: